The Google Calendar integration checks for availability in your Google Calendars and creates bookings for you.
- Go to your Google Account.
- On the left, click Data & privacy.
- Scroll to "Data from apps and services you use."
- Under "Download or delete your data," click Delete a Google service. You may need to sign in again.
- Next to the product you want to remove, click Delete.
- Follow the steps on the screen.
To remove a product from your account that isn't listed in your Google Account, visit Google Support for more info on a specific product.
- Open Google API Console. If you don't have a project in your Google Cloud subscription, you'll need to create one before proceeding further. Under Dashboard pane, select Enable APIS and Services.
- In the search box, type calendar and select the Google Calendar API search result.
- Enable the selected API.
- Next, go to the OAuth consent screen from the side pane. Select the app type (Internal or External) and enter the basic app details on the first page.
- In the second page on Scopes, select Add or Remove Scopes. Search for Calendar.event and select the scope with scope value
.../auth/calendarand select Update.
- In the third page (Test Users), add the Google account(s) you'll using. Make sure the details are correct on the last page of the wizard and your consent screen will be configured.
- Now select Credentials from the side pane and then select Create Credentials. Select the OAuth Client ID option.
- Select Web Application as the Application Type.
- Under Authorized redirect URI's, select Add URI and then add the URI
<CALENDSO URL>/api/integrations/googlecalendar/callbackreplacing CALENDSO URL with the URI at which your application runs.
- The key will be created and you will be redirected back to the Credentials page. Select the newly generated client ID under OAuth 2.0 Client IDs.
- Select Download JSON. Copy the contents of this file and paste the entire JSON string in the .env file as the value for GOOGLE_API_CREDENTIALS key.